Chef Biagio Settepani
CEO, CMB Certified Master Baker, Academia Maestri Pasticceri Italiani, Pastry & Business Consultant
Biagio Settepani began his career at the age of 13 in a small pastry shop in Brooklyn, New York, spending his next few years learning as much as he could. At the age of 21 took over the reins of Bruno Bakery, a well-known Bakery/Café in New York City. Since then his dedication to excellence has brought him around the world in search of knowledge. He has competed nationally and internationally for over a decade earning him several medals and numerous accolades. In 2001 he became a C.M.B. (certified master baker). He now runs together with his family retail shops in New York City and Staten Island, and still finds time to share his knowledge by teaching at various schools to the new generations of pastry chefs.
• 1997 – Gold Medal – Societe Culinaire Philanthropique – Salon Culinaire –Pastry Art Confection.
• 1997 –First Place “ Cake of the Century “ competition Plaza Hotel New York City
• 1998 – Gold Medal –Societe Culinaire Philanthropique, 1st place pastry competition.
• 1999- Gold Medal – Societe Culinaire Philanthropique, Salon Culinaire –Prize of Honor.
• 1999- 1st place in taste -10th US pastry Competition
• 2000- 1st place- Ville de Paris Gold Medal, Salon Culinaire, New York City.
• Grand Prize Du Salon – Silver Medal of the French Government- Societe Culinaire Philanthropique
• Captain National Pastry team –Competition Las Vegas, Nevada, Team Settepani -4th place Overall-Best chocolate Showpiece –Team Spirit Award.
• 2001 – CMB, certification, Culinary Institute of America, Hyde Park, New York. (Certified master baker)
• Member of Staten Island Culinary Team –Gold Medal / Silver Medal / Bronze medal. International Wacs competition, Massa Carrara /Italy – Second Place /Silver Medal overall competition.
• 2005- Phoenix, Arizona / Chef Instructor for World Pastry Forum / Gelato class.
• Johnson & Wales University- Distinguished Chef Award –April 2006.
• April 2006 –ACF Northeastern Region Pastry Chef of the Year, Award Toronto, Canada.
• July 2006 – Quest Chef Instructor –at Institute of Culinary Education (ICE), New York City.
• Liaison/assistant to the Italian Team for the 2006 International Pastry Team Competition, Phoenix, Arizona.
• Head Judge for 2nd National Bread & Pastry Team Competition –October 2006, Atlantic City, New Jersey.
• 2007-Judge for chocolate confection competition / Rimini, Italy.
• 2007- Liaison/assistant to the Italian team at Nashville World Pastry Team Competition
• 2007- Elected as president of the New York state bakers association
• 2008- Named “RETAIL BAKERY OF THE YEAR” BY MODERN BAKING MAGAZINE
• 2008- elected as a honorary member of “associazione maestri pasticceri italiani”, Verona, Italy
• 2009- Food Network “ Sugar Adventures” Challenge, Gold Medal winner.
• 2009- Special Award at MIG ( mostra internazionale del gelato artgianale ) , Longarone , Italy
• 2010 – Instructor special class at Johnson &Wales University “ Special Italian Holiday Baking “
• 2010 – Instructor special class at Notter School of Confectionary Arts, Orlando Florida.
• 2010 – Instructor at World Pastry Forum, Phoenix, Arizona, Italian desserts class
• 2010 – Liaison / Assistant to the Italian team in Phoenix, Arizona, World pastry team championship.
• 2010- Winner of Cannoli Throwdown with Bobby Flay
• 2012- Pastry Chef of the Year at the WPTC Las Vegas, Nevada